Tuesday, August 28, 2012

BOC: Week 8,FInal Project: Progress in getting a lawyer

While searching for lawyers in the Las Vegas area, I came across a website that had a list of lawyers whom specialized in the different fields. From Business, Consumer, Civil, Intellectual property and the list goes on. As a fashion major and makeup artist, I want to make sure I’m picking a lawyer who understands my field. Even though I have a friend who is a successful lawyer with a creditable firm, I decided to branch out and make connections with other lawyers in different fields. When I clicked on the links I was disappointed that it was just a another search engine. I went to the beginning and googled one by one of lawyers I felt would be suitable to answer my questions. I started with the Entertainment industry and found a lawyer who practices entertainment law. As a makeup artist I want to make sure I know what laws apply, such as model/artist release forms and trade for picture. I went to (http://www.avvo.com/attorneys/89169-nv-jennifer-craft-1770571.html) and found an entertainment lawyer named Jennifer K. Craft. She specializes in entertainment, intellectual property, trademark infringement and copyright application. I also found a list of other lawyers who share the same qualifications. I have left messages but have not received a call back. If  I do not hear from them I will ask my friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment