Tuesday, September 11, 2012

EOC:Week9, FInal Project: Questions for the lawyer

As a makeup artist I want to make sure I follow the law, have the correct certifications and licenses. I also need to make sure I know and understand my rights as an artist. I came up with ten questions to ask an attorney in regards my field.

  1. What is the difference between a license and a demonstrators license? To what extent can a demonstrators licensed be used?
  2. Does a makeup artist who has a certification in advanced makeup artistry, need to obtain a cosmetology licenses in which he or she practices their art if she is not in a salon? Why and why not?
  3. As a freelance, self-employed makeup artist do I need any of the license to have clients, be on a set, or to self promote?
  4. What copyrights do I own as a makeup artist?
  5. Would a makeup artist need to sign a model release form? Is there a form that does need to be signed to authorize the use of my artistry contribution?
  6. How would I write a contract that assures payment, trade for pictures and creditability?
  7. Do I have rights to use the images I contributed to as a makeup artist? What are the extent of my rights? 
  8. As a fashion major, I want to collaborate with other designers. When asking to borrow merchandise for a photoshoot, do I need to sign an agreement with the designer on how the merchandise may be used or published? Would the same apply to the photographer? 
  9. If the photo was to be published in a magazine would there be a contact between the all parties involved? How would the parties involved receive composition? Will the creative minds involved in lose all rights to the image that was being published?
  10. When becoming a published, creditable artist, what measures may one need to take to protect their image, creative work, published and unpublished work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment